The Summer Gazebo Readings will be held each Monday evening in June, July and August, and will feature 4 readers each evening.
1. Send an email (no attachments) giving the following information:
- Contact information (including a number you can be reached on the day of the event in case of inclement weather)
- A bio if you haven't read for us before--please do not send samples of your work.
- List your available dates. The Readings are held each Monday in June, July & August-- we do an Independence Day program on the first Monday in July-- Please list at least three available dates.
- The general genre of your work (poetry, non-fiction or fiction prose, etc.)
For more information, see our website: http://summergazeboreadings.blogspot.com/2009/01/readers-guidelines-faq.html
Spaces are limited and will be allocated at the discretion of the committee. One of our criteria will be to include a mix of genres (some poetry, some non-fiction prose, some fiction), so while we won't ask you what specifically you are reading--we will not "judge" or preview material-- we would like to know the general genre of your work.
Please note that we ended last year with about 100 people on our waiting list-- please do not be offended if we can't fit you in. We hope to announce the summer's lineupby May 9th.
We are also offering "Program Patrons" for $20. "Program Patrons" will have their names listed on the weekly program we will be distributing each week.
If you would like to become a sponsor or a Program Patron, send your check made payable to "Oceanside Kiwanis" to me at the address below-- email or include your logo and the listing you want us to print.
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact me for more for more information.
Whether your read for us this year or not, I encourage you to come on down, every Monday in June, July and August, for a nice, quiet summer's evening on Schoolhouse Green!!
Last Year's Sponsors included:
Home & Hearth Realty
Village Bookstore of RVC
Tower's Funeral Home
Oceanville Mason Supply
Westron's Light Bulb Warehouse
NY Municipal Credit Union
Childs Murphy Kuehn & Cesiro, Inc. Insurance
Dr. Aaron Rappaport, DDS & Dr. David Rappaport, DMD
Marsh Hawk Press
LI Pulse Magazine
Councilman Anthony J. Santino
M. Schamroth & Sons
C. Scarlata & Family
Doc's Mechanical Piping & Heating Corp.
Bondi & Iovino, Attorneys at Law
For more information:
68 Yorktown Street
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
H 516 763-1667
C 516 459-3262
W 516 741-8585