Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Poem by Masha Hamilton

FINE LINES
by Masha Hamilton
(A New York City poem-in-progress,
Written by The Street)
I’m feeling dizzier than I was
a week ago.
Hustle! Hustle!
They make
me sick.

I don’t think you would really slash
anyone’s tires.
Well if you did, I’d run after you
and catch you.

I don’t worry about my wife anymore.

She takes off her clothes whenever,
wherever she pleases.

God bless you, hope you had a good day, you’re The Man!
That don’t make
no sense.


Masha will be appearing at The Gazebo on June 1, 2009.


The Summer Gazebo Readings feature 4 author/poets each Monday evening in June, July and August, 7 pm at Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. See the links to the right for our schedule and directions. Bring a lawn chair and come on down!

No comments: