Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Poem by Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan

Ghazal: One
by Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan

Kiss me hard and long, I think you are the one.
Kiss my hands and neck, kiss to make us one.
The rumbling of your voice draws me in, your lips, your lips!
As the honey bee seeks flowers I pray I’m not just one. 
In my heart:  A stone too large to dislodge, too big to sweep away.
Your tender touch could crush it into a tiny one.

3:00 is when I see you once again.
The ticking hours pass so slowly one by one.
I attempt to allow you in by not keep myself closed,
leaving open the door, not shutting out you, my treasured one.
Go ahead, I pray you, mold me slowly. Each touch another stoke
of the flame that will make stone and steel one.
Me damaged island unto myself, drift safely toward your healing shores.
On your island light a bonfire signaling this is the one.
I say, I like the solitary dark, but adore the brilliantly lit day.
Whisper sweetly my name, Tammy. Lie close so we may become one. 

Tammy will appear at The Gazebo on July 22, 2009.



The Summer Gazebo Readings feature 4 author/poets each Monday evening in June, July and August, 7 pm at Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. See the links to the right for our schedule and directions. Bring a lawn chair and come on down!





No comments: