Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Barbara Reiher-Meyers

The Accident
 
I wanted my Mommy to come
and soothe away this dream
this crunch and thunk of ribs
and jarring bones.

I wanted to be in shock
because they say
it takes the pain away
but, no such luck

I stood upon the brakes until
they gave an angry sigh which said
I should have taken care
I cried, “Oh, God!, oh God!, oh,God!”

And He was there.
 
Barbara Reiher-Meyers

The Summer Gazebo Readings are held each Monday evening at 7pm in June, July & August. Each evening 4-5 authors and poets share their work from our Gazebo on Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. SGR is produced by the Kiwanis Club of Oceanside. Funds raised through sponsorships help send underprivileged kids to Kamp Kiwanis each summer. This summer marks our 7th season!

No comments: