Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Deborah Hauser

I Wanted the Moon
She set the glass of Tang down
in front of my brother,
wiped her hands on her apron.
I wanted Tang,
wanted to fly to the moon.
She set her fists on her hips,
sighed, shook her head.
I wanted Tang.
I wanted the moon.
She made me drink daisies instead.
Deborah Hauser
 
The Summer Gazebo Readings are held each Monday evening at 7pm in June, July & August. Each evening 4-5 authors and poets share their work from our Gazebo on Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. SGR is produced by the Kiwanis Club of Oceanside. Funds raised through sponsorships help send underprivileged kids to Kamp Kiwanis each summer. This summer marks our 7th season!

1 comment:

S.E.Ingraham said...

oh - very cool - I remember that that's what they drank, Tang, I mean - nicely done Deborah