Thursday, April 11, 2013

J R Turek

Dragonfly on The Green
enticed by versified lines
you circle circle overhead
circle to absorb metaphors
natural as an August breeze
across Schoolhouse Green
 
hovering so low, I blink
against your blue black wings
that ruffle my hair at your passage
your stanza song hovers in my ear
plays replays plays like kids at recess
I went downtown to see Mr Brown
 
but you’re here on The Green
for poetry, the reader treats us to a sonnet
as sun floats lower in the sky, tiny ribbons
of light ignite your iridescence, liquid gold
veins on wings pulse an iambic beat,
your span wider than my hand, which
I hold out as a restful refuge for you
 
but you continue to circle free form
as free verse and I imagine you taking notes
as I do, my pen in hand, your song in my head
o beautiful you, wing’ed poetry
my muse on this dusklit evening
~ J R Turek
 
The Summer Gazebo Readings are held each Monday evening at 7pm in June, July & August. Each evening 4-5 authors and poets share their work from our Gazebo on Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. SGR is produced by the Kiwanis Club of Oceanside. Funds raised through sponsorships help send underprivileged kids to Kamp Kiwanis each summer. This summer marks our 7th season!

No comments: