Monday, April 22, 2013

Peter Bové

My American Dream
 
I would like perfectly smooth hands and bright white teeth
Two girlfriends that don't know each other and a hat that looks right
None of these things do I currently possess
A lonely moment of realization told me so just the other day
But I'm working real hard to obtain them as we speak
Come to think of it, a dozen sunny days in a row
A white Cadillac, from the nineteen fifties or sixties
Whichever one is right
A Hi Def Entertainment Center
Some Native American stuff to be cool with
Like moccasins or something
A big swimming pool behind my big Stanford White house
Several Armani suits, a third girlfriend in another State
Wyoming maybe or L.A. and uh... some money to play with
...And a career in the movies
Yes, like Bogart or Ted Turner or Sly Stallone
Or even a new guy like Ben Affleck…
Somehow, I've got to get some of this stuff
I mean, things are not looking that great at the moment
Sometimes I think about my American Dream
Maybe soon...
Maybe sometime real soon
It will all make sense.

Peter Bové

The Summer Gazebo Readings are held each Monday evening at 7pm in June, July & August. Each evening 4-5 authors and poets share their work from our Gazebo on Schoolhouse Green in Oceanside, NY. SGR is produced by the Kiwanis Club of Oceanside. Funds raised through sponsorships help send underprivileged kids to Kamp Kiwanis each summer. This summer marks our 7th season!

No comments: